HENGAM trademark team covers all aspects of legal trademark management from portfolio management, strategic Registration and maintenance of trademarks (where we identify and close holes in trademark portfolios), domain name portfolio management to sophisticated trademark enforcement and litigation services. In addition, When our clients are accused of trademark infringement, it is our job to identify the strengths of the claims and the potential merit of all available defenses, and to help identify settlement opportunities in appropriate situations. Our trademark lawyers are experienced in complex cases like dilution cases.
- Trademark search in iran and opinions
- Trademark registration in Iran
- Developing strategic brand plan
- Trademark watch in Iran to monitor registration and spot infringement
- Prosecuting trademark oppositions before Iran Trademark Office
- domain name and Internet advisory services
- Licensing agreements and registration of Licensing and Franchising
- Trademark and Domain Name portfolio management
- Trademark Litigation in Iran
- Enforcement of Trademark Rights
- Drafting and Negotiating Licensing and Franchising
- Prosecute False Advertising and Unfair Competition
- Monitoring to Spot Infringements
- Recovery Domain Names from Infringers
Make Legal Issues Into Your Competitive Advantage
Iran Trademark Law
Iran is a member of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property and Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks. According to Iranian legal framework, a trademark is any design, image, word, expression, seal, cover, etc., adopted to distinguish industrial, commercial, or agricultural products. – Three-dimensional marks: applicants must present different dimensions of the mark so that it may be clearly represented. – Color marks: applicants must clearly indicate the colors that are being claimed. The Office does not require certain specific standards and mere description of the claimed colors is sufficient. The Office classifies color marks according to the International Classification of the Figurative Elements of Marks. It should be noted that colors per se are not registrable but single or multi color trademarks may be registered.
Use Requirements in Iran
If an owner of a mark, his legal agent, or successor does not use it without any legitimate reasons in Iran or abroad within the period of three years from the registration date, such mark may be canceled if applied for by any concerned party. Trademark owners are not required to submit any proof of use of the mark, unless a third party files a request for cancellation on the ground of non-use during the term indicated above.